The Property Management Services Authority (PMSA) announced today that the following three professional bodies have been added to the list of “Recognized Professional Bodies” (RPBs) of the PMSA, i.e. (in alphabetical order):
- Building Services Operation and Maintenance Executives Society;
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Property Managers; and
- Hong Kong Institute of Real Estate Administrators.
Mr Tony TSE, the PMSA Chairperson said, “We welcome the above three organisations as “RPB” of the PMSA. The PMSA examines all applications to become RPBs based on the five criteria in respect of the organisation, namely, relevancy to the property management (PM) profession in Hong Kong, its membership criteria, mechanism to regulate professional conduct, requirement on continuing professional development, as well as recognition of the organisation within the PM industry.”
According to the criteria for holding a Property Management Practitioner (PMP) (Tier 1) licence, the applicant has to be a member of a PM related professional body recognised by the PMSA. For details, please refer to the PMSA webpage: https://www.pmsa.org.hk/en/licensing-regime/property-management-practitioner-licence/recognized-professional-bodies/.
Chairperson TSE added, “The PMSA welcomes more professional organisations within the industry to participate and become RPB. We encourage diversified development within the industry, and work together to promote the industry’s development for enhancement of quality and professionalism, and provide the public with quality PM services.”
The PMSA has accepted the three organisations as RPBs on the basis of the following membership:
- Property and Facility Management Stream membership of the Building Services Operation and Maintenance Executives Society;
- Fellow Member (Practising) of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Property Managers; and
- Property Management Division of the Hong Kong Institute of Real Estate Administrators.
These memberships are in compliance with the academic qualification and relevant work experience requirements for applying for PMP (Tier 1) licence issued by the PMSA. The concerned members have also participated in relevant Continuous Professional Development activities.
The PMSA has previously recognised the following six professional bodies (in alphabetical order):
- Chartered Institute of Housing Asian Pacific Branch;
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (the Chartered Members (Hong Kong) of the following 10 divisions have been recognised, namely, Building Control, Building Surveying, Commercial Real Estate, Corporate Real Estate, Facilities Management, Management Consultancy, Planning and Development, Project Management, Property Finance and Investment, and Residential)
- The Hong Kong Chapter of International Facility Management Association;
- The Hong Kong Institute of Facility Management;
- The Hong Kong Institute of Housing; and
- The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (the Fellow / Members of the Building Surveying Division, General Practice Division, Planning and Development Division, and Property and Facility Management Division have been recognised.)
Ends/Thursday, 10 June 2021
Issued at HKT 18:00