The PMSA generally follows the procedures below to process licence applications for property management companies (PMCs) and property management practitioners (PMPs):
- The PMSA examines the application forms and documents submitted by the applicant;
- If necessary, the PMSA will contact the applicant or relevant third parties (e.g. employers, academic institutions, professional bodies, Hong Kong Police Force) to verify or clarify the information and/or documents submitted by the applicant;
- If the applicant is a suitable person to hold the relevant licence, meets all the prescribed criteria, has paid the prescribed fee and submitted the necessary information and/or documents, the PMSA will approve the application and notify the applicant;
- If the applicant fails to provide all the necessary information and/or documents, the PMSA will notify the applicant of the relevant situation by e-mail/telephone;
- For the approved applications, the PMSA will issue licences and PMP cards (for licence applications of PMPs) to the applicants according to their preferred way of collecting the licences (by ordinary mail or in person at the office of the PMSA);
- The Registers of Licensees will be updated by the PMSA for public inspection; and
- The PMSA will arrange for a list of the licensees to be published in the gazette.
Under normal circumstances, the approval of a PMP licence application will be completed within 15 working days and the PMC licence application will be completed within 25 working days from the next working day after the receipt of the licence application form, the required fees and all the necessary information and required documents. The licence takes effect on the day of approval of the application without prior notice. Once a licence has been issued, the PMSA will not accept any request for withdrawal of the application and refund of any fees paid.
Regarding the vetting procedures for considering whether a licence applicant / licensee is a suitable person, please click here.